Okay, so I’ve just realised that I’ve been talking about publishing my first novel, yet I’ve not actually shared any details with you about it. This is partly down to me wanting to keep you hanging around and joining me on my journey, and the other reason for this is because I simply haven’t. Through no fault other than my own, I’ve been scared (for want of a more amelioratory word), and have wanted to withhold the information from you, because in the back of my mind, I’m thinking what if it doesn’t work? what if I don’t succeed in my task? what if no one likes it, or they’re not here in the first place to like it?
But now, something has changed. I can’t say what – because I don’t know – but something within me has decided it would be a good idea to get my behind into action.
So, without further ado, here’s everything you need to know:
- as of March 2017, I have begun the editing process of my manuscript, The Next Destination (bare in mind the title of which may change, but so far I’m enjoying it)
- It will be a thriller novel, and in my honest (and naturally bias) opinion, it will be exciting stuff!
- whilst I am editing this manuscript, I am also trying to finish another manuscript: a fantasy novel that currently sits at 120,000 words. So trying to juggle them both is taxing but once I have started something I need to see it through to the end, and I can’t bare to put this one down because I’m enjoying writing it so much and wouldn’t want to sacrifice the momentum I have going
- at the moment, I am in search of an editor for The Next Destination and this is so I can have them ready to go once I’ve finished my revisions, to get the full thing rolled out as quickly as possible.
- A part of this requires a large sum of money! Money which, being a university student, is something I’m not well caught up in. As such, I have created a Kickstarter project in order to raise funds to find, and pay for, an editor. In return, you will receive a copy of the book and a smaller, short story that I plan to release in the year as well. You can find the campaign here.
- with any luck, I will have the book processed and published within the year!
- in the meantime, if you wanted to follow me on le Twitter then you can do so here. Tweets are all my own and are mildly entertaining, if not a pain.
My fingers are crossed that all goes to plan, and I hope that you’ll join me every step of the way.
Thanks for your support!